Time Challenged
I once had a friend tell me kindly that I was time-challenged, when I turned up at their door in Montreal a day earlier than I was apparently expected. It wasn't until I spent some time living in India that I realized that my personal sense of time was shared by many other people on the planet.
One thing I love about living in Europe is that since we are nine hours 'ahead' of California time, I always feel that my day has been extended beyond the limit of 24 hours, so I don't have to worry about how much is getting done at the 'moment'.
This reality is fully supported when I'm cooking dinner and listening to NPR radio and Neal Conan (Talk of the Nation) greets me with "Good Morning."
I found this video on another blog and find it both funny and important in understanding how crucial time perception is to culture. Please take a look and if you live in Berlin tell me in which time 'zone' do Berliners really belong?
No comments:
Post a Comment